pinterest

Monday, September 6, 2010

pepparkaka boy


Today at Sunday Sketch and Stamp we have an awesome sketch to follow, here is the sketch from Erin


And here is my interuptation.  Pepparkaka is the Finnish word for Gingerbread.  I can remember my grandmother making the most delicious gingerbread at Christmas time.  She had a special cookie cutter that she always used, a small tin heart.  She was from Finland and was an amazing cook and baker.  I have her recipe that she used from her old cookbook and I'm going to make her delicious cookies this year at Christmas.  This stamp reminds me so much of her and her cookies.  She passed away 6 years ago and I still miss her dearly.  So this one is for you grandma!
Designer paper is from Cosmo Cricket.  The ribbon is from my stash. Most of the embellishments is from JoAnn's except the cream colored roses, they are from Wild Orchid Crafts.  I colored my image with copics, I'll add which ones I used later on.
Other challenges: 

Thanks for stopping by!!

Lisa

17 comments:

bevb said...

This is absolutely beautiful. Great color combo and wonderful coloring. I wish I had my g-ma's gingerbread recipe. They were delicious.

ladyjanet_56 said...

Lisa this is so Special I love the way you have decorated it & how you have dedicated it to your Grandma, I love gingerbread & the smell of it yummy just like this card, Janet

Lou said...

Hi!Lisa this is gorgeous,so much
lovely detail and Grandmas are always in our hearts.
I feel very lucky to still have one,her home is in Italy and she is 98years old.
hugs Lou.xx

Claire said...

Another gorgeous card Lisa - you never cease to amaze with your creations. Have a fab day! Hugs, Claire x

Annette said...

Lisa, your creations are stunning! I'd like to wish you CONGRATS & welcome to the SSC design team! Can't wait to see more of your amazing work! So inspiring!

Diane said...

This is a stunning card, Lisa with a wonderful image - I love it!
Diane x

Karita said...

Hello Lisa!

Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog. I´m so excited for being selected to SSC :) Looking forward the new challenges and working with you :)
And I´m so glad to hear that your father is from Finland :) Have you ever visit in Finland?

Oh, and your card is so beautiful :) Beautiful image and gorgeous papers :)

Hugs,
Karita

Gemma said...

Lisa, you make just beautiful cards, just a quick not to welcome you aboard of the SSC design team. I'm sure your cards and projects will be an inspiration for all of us! Hugs Gemma

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Lisa, OHHHH! Adorable. Love the story too, very touching memories. Gorgeous layout, the scalloped oval decorated with the florishe and the punched wholes enhance so well this little image. The papers are lovely, colors are so warm and rich. Your coloring is always so beautiful, no exeption this time!
Hugs.
Danielle

Michele Roos said...

WOW such a beautiful card. Gorgeous colouring of the image and amazing details also. Hugs Michele x

Deb said...

such a beautiful card, love it, hugs Debx

Nancy said...

This is so beautiful. I love the deep, rich colors and the image is so cute!

Pysselbus said...

Gorgeous card!! We have the same word for pepparkaka here in Sweden, but then again they are neighbouring countries...

I'm really sorry to hear about your grandmother... But you honor her well with this card!

Have a lovely weekend!

//Linda

Farina said...

Your card ist very nice.

Greetings from Silvia

Christina C. said...

OMG, Lisa, your card is breathtakingly gorgeous. The richness of your papers really brings out the image. Your coloring is awesome. Stunning work!!!

Nicolchen said...

WOW...your card is amazing...fantastic papers and your coloring is so beautiful :0)))

Thanks for joining us at lho ;0)

Hugs Nicole

Iris Wiechmann said...

Beautiful card, amazing coloring and fantastic papers! Thanks for playing with us at LHO!

Hugs,
Iris